Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday Bumpdates!

Good morning glories!  Or should I say afternoon-ish ... ?  Apparently being a SAHW means I take a bit longer to get going.  This week may have something to do with the Mister being home.  We're having a lot of fun playing house, well, playing the version of house where both the grown-ups stay home, sleep late, watch movies and stil have an income coming in.  I like that kind of house.  I know all good things must come to an end, but at least we still have 4 (5 counting today) more days of playing fairy-tale house.  For instance, last night the Mister had soccer practice.  Let's talk about this for a second.  He's playing in a league with my brother and some of his other fraternity brothers and they have their next game next TUESDAY!  Speaking of my Mister and soccer, I'll let you all in on a little secret.  My Mister is good, and I mean GOOD, at soccer.  He played club all through high school and was even offered some scholarships to play in college.  Thank goodness he went with his gut and went to Baylor because I wouldn't be living on the Fulmer Lane if it weren't for that choice.  He did play on the club team at Baylor and also in intramurals for his fraternity.  But that's not the secret.  The secret is, I LOVE to watch my Mister play soccer.  It reminds me of when we started dating (because he was playing in intramurals at Baylor) when I'd go watch some of his games and let me tell you this boy. is. hot.  In general of course but especially when he's running around being all bad-A (yes I just said that, I feel like I'm 16) playing soccer.  Hubba hubba.  And yes I just said THAT too.  Now I feel 60.  SO, next Tuesday you can bet I'll be watching (along with my mom and Silly (what I call my sister in law for you new readers) - my brother's playing too of course) my Mister run around on the soccer field lookin' all hot n' stuff and trying to keep myself from charging the field to make out with him.  I know, TMI but he's just. that. hot.  Don't believe me?


{Yes this was his senior year in high school, but the men in the Fulmer family don't age.  I'm not kidding.  He pretty much still looks like this, if nothing else, hotter.}

Right, anyways, back to last night.  So the Mister came home around 9 from soccer practice and we decided to watch Analyze This (after I watched the Season Finales of both The Hills (let's not talk about how sad I am this is over) and The City) whilst eating Milk Duds (me) and Sour Patch Kids (him).  Who does that on a Tuesday night?  We do.  When we're playing the afore described version of house.  It was a fun night.  On tonight's agenda?  Grilling.  And then probably another movie.  I love this week.

Now, onto the

BUMPDATES!

How far along:  21 weeks!  Time for the vaj diagram.  You know you missed it ...


{holy cow he's starting to look like a full-size baby now!}


Maternity Clothes:  Really?  Did you see how big that baby is up there?  Um.  Yes.  Daily wearing tents disguised as clothes.


Sleep:  Fantastic now that I don't have to wake up to an alarm clock, except the fact that I have an all-night-LONG alarm clock that is bitterly referred to as the "Pee Clock" ...



Best Moment of the Week:  The Mister felt the baby!  He was moving a LOT on Sunday night and I reached over and put his hand on my belly and low and behold, little boy thumped his daddy!  His face (the Mister's, I don't have THAT good of intuition) was priceless.



Movement:  See. above.



Food Craving:  Um, I think I had my first one yesterday.  Cheese fries.  Correction.  Bacon, cheese and ranch fries.  If that doesn't spell Heaven I don't know what does ...

{and now I want some more ...}


Gender:  Bouncing baby BOY!



What I'm looking forward to:  Showers.  Especially one I've already been told about.  My mom's best friends (one of them being my 2nd cousin - my dad's first cousin) are throwing me a shower in October.  It's going to be Halloween themed and everyone is supposed to come dressed up.  If you know me at all you know that me + holidays + anything having to do with my baby = pure and total EXCITEMENT!  I can't wait!!!  When it gets closer I'll need suggestions from y'all as what I should go as at 8 months preggo ...



Weekly Wisdom:  Don't worry about everyone else's opinion of names you and your Mister like.  It's YOUR child.  Not theirs.




And in the subject of names, a lot of you have asked if we have names and if we're going to tell.  ABSOLUTELY we're going to tell.  I need things to be monogrammed.  That's just the kind of mommy I am.  The problem is we just don't know yet.  And the Mister doesn't really want to decide yet either.  SO, in true controlling fashion, I asked if we could have a cut off date that we could agree on a name by.  A date that would give people coming to showers (if they wanted) the option to monogram things.  And he agreed.  So this time next month I should have a name to share with you all!  So hang in there (Lord knows I'm trying to) one IS coming!

That's it from me today.  Off to the pool with the Mister!  Have fantabulous days loverlies!!!


21 comments:

  1. Did the end of the Hills confuse you? Im so sad its over. I have the first 3 seasons on DVD(back when it was good) and I watch them all the time...well when Chad is out of town haha. And yeah im bummer city about THE CITY being over for now as well. I hope it comes back soon. I love me some Kelly Cutrone! Halloween themed shower sounds pretty flippin fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny. My Mister went to college on a soccer scholarship too. And last winter he played in an Mens 30 league. So fun to watch. I had the same feelings! I'll have to dig out an old school pic of him.
    Glad you're feeling good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Halloween themed baby shower!! I am glad you still like your husband!! LOL yes, yes I believe you when you say he is hot! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog. Congrats on this exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to stop by and say that I love your blog! I can relate on the hottie, sports-playing hubby. I felt the same way when mine played church softball. (He used to play baseball in high school.) Congrats on your little baby boy. I have a 15 month old and he just started giving kisses. You have a lot to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the halloween theme baby shower! Always go with some sort of religious joke when pregnant, it's totally clique, but always hilarious. Nun is the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad (jealous) you're getting to enjoy a week of relaxation with your hubby. It sounds amazing! Love the Halloween baby shower idea, it will be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the bumpdate :) Those fries look amazing! Can't wait to see what name y'all decide on! And how cute is a Halloween themed baby shower?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is fun to both be at home but with an income coming in!!! :) So glad you are feeling good!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for the hubs being off this week :) Sounds like fun.

    How exciting that he could feel the boy moving!! I cant wait for some movement...I am at 17 weeks, so should be feeling something soon...right?!!? IDK....NOTHING yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE watching my husband play sports as well- total turn on! I always enjoy reading your bumpdates and cannot wait to hear more about your Halloween-themed shower!

    Have a good rest of the week with your hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cant wait to hear and see ALL about your shower! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I say a pumpkin! :) That's what my girlfriend was one year when she was preggo. Ah I've heard all about the monogramming craze down in the south but now you made it more real for me. :) Can't wait to see what you pick out! And yes soccer boys are utterly always hot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your cute dating memories. I still like to remember about costume parties that Mr F and I would dress up for in college. It was one of our favorite hobbies :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun to spend so much time with your Mister lately! :)

    Can't wait to hear the name!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Damn you. Now I want some loaded up fries!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmm....bacon, cheese fries! I love hearing about how people got together and their dating stories!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My hubster played soccer in high school and plays in mens leagues as well! I just love seeing him in his cute little soccer uniforms haha!

    I can't wait to find out the name!!

    And I am so confused about the Hills...were Brody and Kristin implying that its scripted?!?! I was so sad to see that show end, been watching since Laguna haha!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL I started cracking up about the name Skype/that cartoon!
    Can't wait to hear the name once you guys decide; I'm with you I'd totally have to start monogramming!
    PS Can you link me up to TT at some point later today? Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just you wait - the pee alarm clock will start to go off more and more as time progresses :) Love that comic!

    ReplyDelete