Saturday, November 5, 2011

OMG He's ONE!

I can't even believe it. I feel like it was just yesterday I was posting (or having it posted for me) this post and seeing this sweet face ...






... for the first time. Or taking him home from the hospital ...



Or introducing him to Koda ...



It really does. Seem like just yesterday. And today we're celebrating a year. A YEAR of joy with our little love. We're having the first of his two parties (I have a HUGE family people, it had to be done this way) tomorrow but we wanted to make sure he felt special all day today, on his actual birfday. SO we loaded the car up and headed to the zoo. His first trip to the zoo on his first birfday. Unfortunately we started the day off missing the majority of his morning nap (which = CRANKSTER baby) and his attention span was even shorter than usual. We did have a good time though and all in all I think he liked it quite a bit ...



So excited to be at the zoo!



What the heck are those monkeys DOING daddy?



Not too sure about the elephants ...



All bundled up with mommy.



Getting pretty sleepy, time to head out. Bye bye zoo!

A year ago today my life changed forever. I have never known love so intense, so immediate and so overwhelming for anything or anyone in my life. You have every piece of your mommy's heart and you will as long as my heart is beating. I love you with every ounce of myself, happy HAPPY 1st birthday sweet baby!!!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, C!!! I hope you had an amazing birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And an adorable 1 year old he is!! Happy Bday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, time really does just FLY by!! Happy Birthday C!!

    I loved being able to read along about his first year and watch him grow...and can't wait to read about the years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, C!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to the cutest little boy ever! :) And how much fun was your trip to the zoo?! Aaah. Just love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday C!! It has been fun keeping up with him and seeing him change in his first year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun year! Happy birthday little one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny - C & I have the same North Face. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday C! I can't believe it's been a year!

    ReplyDelete