Thursday, December 31, 2009

Cancun at Christmastime ...

We're back.  Sigh.  And I'm sitting here, listening to people shoot things off outside (which I'm pretty sure isn't legal?) to celebrate and ring in the New Year and my mister (who wasn't feelin' so hot today poor guy, miserable to have to be on a plane feeling like that) is asleep.  He made it until NYC celebrated the dropping of the ball.  Which is really the only one that matters right?  And I am, yes, blogging.  Does that make me pathetic?  I think so.  But thankfully I don't care enough to stop.  We had a FANTASTIC time, thank you for asking.  :0)  We got there on Sunday after spending another extra (unplanned) hour or so at the airport due to the fact that our bags and about a handfull of other people on our Dallas flight, somehow didn't make it on the flight.  No biggie, they arrived at our hotel about 3 hours later, we didn't have to actually lug them through customs, AND they were delivered to our room, so we just bummed around in our traveling wear, which was a little warm (you can imagine jumping from 30 degrees that morning to a lovely 80 degrees) but nothing unmanageable.  The hotel was BEAUTIFUL and the food was really good too!  We did all inclusive, which I love.  It's like having a credit card that you never have to pay off (well of course we paid up front, but it just feels that way) you can get drinks, food, order room service as MUCH as you want and never have to take out your wallet.  I love it.  And the service was fantastic too.  We did a whole lot of nothing.  Which I loved.  And which I think was exactly what the doctor ordered for my mister.  Oh and my awesome mister let me get a 50 minute Sweedish massage AND a pedicure.  Can I just go ahead and say spa = heaven.  I imagine heaven to be a never-ending spa.  Not really, but seriously.  I love the spa.  Anyways, back to the trip, we basically woke up, worked out (2 out of the 4 mornings, I'd say that's not too shabby!), ate breakfast at the breakfast buffet, which, by the way, is possibly one of my favorite things about hotels.  Breakfast buffets.  I have no idea why I think they are so much better than regular breakfasts.  I can't explain it.  They just ... are.  There is such a schmorgesbord of options.  It's just so exciting.  Really, if you don't love them like I do, then you won't understand.  Anyways, after the heaven on earth that IS the breakfast buffet, we went and laid by the (insert beach or pool here) for possibly 4 or more hours.  Broke for lunch around 2ish.  Had several ridiculously fruity and frozen drinks in between.  Read a little.  Fell asleep a little.  Got sunburned/tan a little.  And then headed upstairs to fall asleep a little more on our balcony overlooking the ocean.  And then got up to get ready for dinner.  Seriously.  Every day and night.  And I. loved. it.  I wish we were still there.  The last night was a blast, we met a couple from Germany and another from Minnesota and stayed out until we shut the place down talking like we'd known each other for years.  Apparently this is what your supposed to do when you go to these places as couples ... ?  Matt and I never got the memo or the cool invitation.  Seriously we started noticing that all these couples had "hooked up" by the end of the trip.  And by "hooked up" I mean they ate dinner together most nights, had drinks at the bar together.  Layed by the pool together.  It's just a strange concept to me.  And it was until the last night we made a few couple connections (this is starting to sound sketchy I realize, don't let it go that direction in your head) and had so much fun hanging out with people from literally, all over the country.  Matt and I have decided we want to go somewhere tropical every year right after Christmas.  That this will be a tradition.  And I'm all for it.  So here are some pictures from our trip.  And even though I wish we were still there, it is, in fact, always good to be home. 


The view from our balcony.  Oh and me on it.



Our amazing room.



The infinity pool ...



Lunch the 1st day, while waiting for our luggage ...



The friggin' cool lobby bar ...



They still had their Christmas decorations up!  I LOVED it!!!



"Miles Away From Ordinary ..."



Dinner the 2nd night ...



What our days consisted of ...






Dinner at the Japanese restaurant...



Please note the man behind me and his hand on his girlfriend's/wife's/and/or random stranger he just met's rear ...



There you have it.  Wonderful trip, wonderful time, wish it wasn't over.  Happy New Year's everyone.  May 2010 bring you joys and blessings you never in your wildest dreams imagined.  Here's to a year of blogging memories!!!


3 comments:

  1. looks like you had a wonderful time! so glad you got to get away and just relax. sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, sounds like a great getaway! Where did you stay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete