Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bang Bang Pow!

I know, I know it's "Boom Boom Pow" but the subject here is bangs.  And that I want some.  And if you all think I should get some.  I'm really leaning towards yes but, since my husband is super sweet and says he loves my hair NO MATTER WHAT (right sugar, right ...) I need the solicited help of my sweet blog friends' opinions.  Here is a little help to get your opinionated juices flowing.  Keep in mind some of these I have my lovely long flowing hair, one of which went WILD and caused me to cut it all off.  Dang wild hair.  I'm working on that though.  Go figure, no matter how much I try and convince (i.e. pulling on/yanking on/hanging weights, from the ends) it it WON'T GROW ANY FASTER!  AND I'm super de DUPER tan (me, and the tanning bed, we had a relationship) AND about 8 to 10ish pounds thinner (which, like the hair growing thing, I'm working on, but it as well won't jump off no matter how much I try to convince it to, shoot even running my hiney off training for a 1/2 marathon didn't convince it to ... what?  no?  I'm not bitter?)  Now that I've got all the disclaimers out there, here we go, we'll start w/ the bangs pics ...





(I was holding a friend's drink, I promise)



AND, no bangs ...


(And way darker hair, this is when I decided I was a brunette)






Okay now, HELP.  What do you think?  To have bangs or not to have bangs, THAT is the question ... And do you want to know what the coolest thing about ALL this is?  IF you all say bangs (or I decide on my own no matter what anyone says ... I'm just sayin' kids, this is a possibility, ask my husband) if you walk into any Toni & Guy, and say you need your bangs cut, they will do it FOR FREE!  Can you believe it?  I didn't think ANYTHING came for free at that place ... for example ...

Awesome Head Massager:  "Do you want a special, scalp-tingling conditioner while we wash your hair?"
Me:  "Why yes, yes I do, thank you!"

45 minutes later at the register:

Really trendy dressed lady:  "That will be $852 please."
Me:  "WHAT?!?!  Why!?!?!"

Really trendy dressed lady:  "Well ma'am you got the scalp-tingling conditioner.  It's an extra $100."
Me:  "WHAT THE ... ?  What's the rest of the $652 for!?!"

Really trendy dressed lady:  "Oh didn't your colorist tell you?  She moved up a level, she's now the highest level because she killed all the bad guys including Bowser and Bowser, Jr. and rescued Princess Toadstool."
Me:  "Oh ... okay."

Really trendy dressed lady:  "Would you like to leave a tip?"
Me:  (eyes wide open, mouth dropped, trying to figure out how I'm going to explain this all to my husband ... "Um, sure ... (emptying my wallet and handing the whole thing to her)")

I've decided in the future I'm just going to walk in, with my hands in the air, wallet and purse open and say "Take anything you want but please don't hurt me (or my highlights) and call my husband to explain."


But in all seriousness, Dallas ladies if you have ANY suggestions on someone to go to for highlights that won't ROB ME BLIND, I'd greatly appreciate it.  The girl I used to go to, who was really good, all be it kind of strange and quirky, no longer is doing hair.  Or is, but I have no idea where.  Because she used to work at T&G and then started at a new place for like, 5 minutes, and now doesn't want to drive that far ... ?  And even so, she's too expensive.  And (shoot) I hope she doesn't read my blog ... ah, well.  All that is to say, $100 for partial highlights, when they send you out the door looking like a wet rat or like someone just stuffed your head in the toliet and gave you a swirly, is not okay ... I love Toni & Guy, but I can't get anyone that does it cheaper than $80 for a partial, which, after tip and them randomly putting in an extra color or two that I just HAD to have and they just neglected to tell me while doing so, ends up close to or over $100.  All suggestions are welcome ladies!  Except the one to not color my hair, that suggestion, is unwelcome here.  Happy "Middle of the Week" Day loves!





13 comments:

  1. Oh girlie, I went through a very similar dilemma when I was deciding whether I wanted to dye my hair or not. I ended up going back to my natural brown and opting for bangs! Ahh! So scary though!

    Anyway, I think you look fabulous with or without bangs, but I'm going to say BANGS! If nothing else, they are so trendy right now! :) And they frame your face oh so adorably! :) Love them! And besides, (a) they're free and (b) they grow out quickly. So to that I say - Why not?!

    Have I mentioned lately that I love your blog?! Because I totally do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree....bangs....although, I might be a bit biased. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 vote for bangs here! I think you look gooood with bangs!
    P.S. Did you really pay that much money for highlights? Please say no... or I will cry for you. That is ridic. If I had to pay that much for my hair I better look like Jennifer Aniston - my face and body too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg.. you are such a cutie..Love your blog, can't wait to read more!! I love the bangs, I think you should go for it.. I know what you mean about the extra, I swear the same thing happend to me, I was getting a cut and highlight, she told me I needed a conditioner treatment.etc and I said ok (forgot to mention it was another 50.00 )I went to pay and I my mouth also dropped open when they said 150.00 total...anyway.. learned a huge lesson and I do not go there anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look good either way! (Sorry that's not helpful.) I vote bangs though, if you really want them. I love my girl but she's at T & G at Firewheel, and I doubt you want to drive that far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog through Kelly's Korner and saw that you were from Texas too! Your blog is too cute! I'm a new follower now!

    P.S. I vote bangs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope those were hypothetical numbers...

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha ha ha! I love Matt's comment!

    I vote for bangs too. They are super cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bangs are the shiz right now so go for it! You're Presh either way though! And so is your blog! I'm a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bangs TOTALLY work for you! Do it do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My hair lady is 90 bucks (that includes a tip) for a cut and partial, so cheap that most of the time I don't actually care what my hair looks like! She's in Lakewood. I appreciate Matt's comment, sounds very familiar :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to go brown just so I don't spend a fortune on hair every couple months!!!

    ReplyDelete