Friday, January 22, 2010

Bestie's Birfday and a Funny Story ...

First off, HAPPY BIRFDAY TO MY MOH!  I love you more than you know my bestie.  Thanks for hanging out with me when I wasn't cool, when I thought that I was and now that I'm fine with the fact that I'm not.  Here are a few "old school" youth group pics of me and my MOH (sorry MOH) ... I THINK we were seniors in high school ...


See us?  Top 2 people from the right?  That's me and my MOH, Senior Year on a mission trip to NY!  At Tavern on the Green I might add, which is now closed.  WHO'S bright idea was THAT!?!?



That's us in the middle.  Again, in NY.  Actually this was the WEEK the twins were born.  My brother and I were in NY on a mission trip and missed it by a day!  Darnit.  And yes, that's me on the left in the middle.  Aren't our shorts AWESOME?  You know you want some ... you KNOW it.



And this is the day we found out P was a girl!  I went to the sonogram with them!  What a great MOH to include me!!!



This is at the shower I threw for P at my house ...



And last, us at my mom's house with little P (dressed as a lobster, oh so cute) ...


HAPPY HAPPY BIRFDAY MOH, I can't wait to CEL-E-BRATE!!!


Okay, next.  Funny (funny ha ha and funny thank goodness it ended up good) story.  Yesterday I went to get my eyebrows waxed.  I walk in and the sweet little Vietnamese lady tells me to go back to the room like I always do.  Nothing strange here.  I lay down on the bench that's covered with 15 different colored towels (this is a classy establishment you know, $7 for an eyebrow wax, you're gettin' class) and she starts evaluting my eyebrows.  She then proceeds to ask me if I want my lip done too?  And all the sudden I want to punch her.  This tiny little Asian girl (Seriously.  Tiny.  I could sneeze and blow her out the front door.) who is so soft spoken and sweet, I now want to punch her.  I have BLONDE hair.  BLONDE!  Does it LOOK like I need my lip waxed!??!  Wait ... no really, does it (starting to feel self conscious) ... ?  Why would you ask if I didn't need it done?  Surely not to make more money ... ?  Maybe I DO need my lip waxed ... ?  WHY DO I HAVE A HAIRY LIP.  I fight through all these thoughts and go ahead and just smile and politely say no and she continues on her way with the waxing of my eyebrows (Which, by the way, were SO overdue I felt like I was 16 again and getting them tamed for the first time.  Sick.  Which I'm sure these days kids today start at 12 ... or 6.  Ridiculous.  Did I really just say "kids today"?)  Right so getting on with it.  If you've ever had this done you know it takes about 5 minutes.  Well she does the first couple of rips, and let me tell you if you wait too long in between waxes the shock factor of the pain is a LITTLE surprising.  It took all of me not to yell "MOTHER OF ... " each time.  Especially on the bottom of the brows.  Yeesh.  Anyways, after she finishes the last one, she starts, what I can only assume is looking for the tweezers (Side Note:  I HATE when they tweeze.  If I wanted my eyebrows tweezed I would have saved myself the $7 and stayed home and pinched my eyebrow skin MYSELF while simultaneously making my eyes water and my nose want to sneeze; watch out little Vietnamese girl, grab onto something)  But then she leaves the room, says something in Vienamese and comes back with THE OWNER (panic, why is the owner necessary), who grabs the tweezers and starts to compliment me on everything I'm wearing while both of them are looking at my eyebrows a little critically, specifically my left one.  I'm now thinking "Oh Lord, she's ripped off my entire eyebrow.  I'm going to look like a ganster who shaves zig-zags in their eyebrow or one of those pluck-happy girls that leaves themselves with one or two hairs to pull off the whole brow.  GIVE ME A MIRROR I WANT TO SEE MY EYEBROW." (or lack thereof)  However, again, I fight my desire to scream and yell all these things and continue to sit there and be patient (All the while my hands are folded in my lap in a death grip like hold.)  They both, while all up in my grill looking at my eyebrows and speaking Vietnamese, continue to pluck away and smile as I sink deeper and deeper into my panic attack convinced I'm left-eyebrowless.  Low and behold, 10 minutes later than it should be, she hands me a mirror and what to my wandering eyebrows should appear?  My left eyebrow, STILL IN TACT!  Praise the Lord, she didn't rip it off!  I did, however, walk out checking it several times just to make sure they didn't pencil it in while I wasn't looking ... or, I guess ... feeling.  So that, is my funny waxing story.  Not too many times waxing stories are funny, but alas, this one was.  Well after I saw my left eyebrow still in place, that is.

Have a FANTASTIC weekend loves!  I hope it's as blessed as you make mine by caring about my silly little goings-ons!!!






8 comments:

  1. First of all, Happy Birthday to your gorgeous bestie! Yaaay! I love Birthdays! :) (And, might I add - Those shorts are HOT HOT HOT! I'm confident that there are absolutely no photos of me floating around out there sporting similar shorts on a mission trip. Nope! Nowhere to be found!!) :)

    And secondly, your waxing story had me laughing outloud!! So glad that you still have a left eyebrow. Remind me to tell you about the time that I tried to be frugal and got one of those DIY home waxing kits. Not one of my finer moments, I can go ahead and tell you that! :)

    And finally, WHAT IS THIS THAT YOU TELL ME ABOUT KNOWING CHASE CRAWFORD?!?! (a) Why are you just now telling me this?! and (b) When can you introduce me?! ;) Haha. Just kidding, of course. Well, kind of.

    Oh, and P.S. - I totally think Max (my cat) and Koda would be total besties! He loves dogs actually. I think he thinks he's a dog!

    Ahh! Now I'm writing you a book on your comment wall! So sorry! Have a fabulous day, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy bday MOH!!

    I don't get my eyebrows waxed anymore bc I get rashes and burns and I always look worse than when I walked in w my caterpiller brows!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your MOH are so cute!!!! Yes, getting waxed is miserable!! I too HATE when they tweeze..hello, we wouldn't get waxed if we wanted to tweeze!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday MOH!!

    I don't wax anymore, I started doing threading, it hurts like hell but I think it looks better. Don't feel bad, they always wanted to wax my lip and anything else I'd let them get a hold of! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1/23/2010

    Love the blog!!! and the pics!!! Happy bday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww cute post happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg, you are so funny, I love reading your stories, they always make me smile! Oh and what is really funny is I had the SAME thing happen to me the last time I went to get my eyebrows waxed, they also asked me if I wanted to wax my lip....I was terrified and I had the same thoughts as you... how funny, at least I am glad to know that they probably ask EVERYONE that..a way to make a little extra money, hu?

    Happy Birthday to your Bestie.. you two could pass for sisters!!

    Have a great day,

    Lesli

    ReplyDelete