Monday, January 25, 2010

MIA Blogger (does it count as MIA if it's been less than 24 hours?) ...

Seriously.  It's been almost a full day.  And I am having minor twitches and random tics because I. haven't. blogged. today.  And want to know why?  Because the QUEEN of picture taking (Almost ... Okay, I'm being nice here, more like TO the point of being annoying.  Like my husband moans and groans as soon as he sees the camera coming out of the purse.  But when we're 82 and have ALL our memories we'll see who's moaning and groaning then!  Well we probably both will but that will be due to actual bodily aches and pains, not the literal pain in the rear that apparently is my bringing my camera E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E.) FORGOT MY CAMERA (gasp) this past weekend.  We went out of town, for my MOH's bday, and I just flat forgot it.  And my phone charger.  Those are usually the FIRST things I pack!  Apparently I misplaced my brain last Thursday night whilst I was packing.  Hindsight is so 20/20.  Shoot I'm thinking it's more 20/15 with as frustrated as I was once I realized I left it.  SO my MOH took plenty of pictures, however, she is not as blog/facebook/computer-happy as I am and does not (gasp gasp) go STRAIGHT home and load all her pictures from the previous day STRAIGHT onto her computer.  So I have nothing to go with my "Celebrating My MOH's Bday in Little Rock With the Funnest Group of Girls EVER" post, thus I am going to have to wait.  So let's all throw a LITTLE shout out on here to my MOH to COME ON with your bad self and put your pictures on your computer.  Please MOH?  PUHLEASE?  You know I'm kidding ... sort of ... and I love you!

But I DO have one of my closest and dearest friends who's birfday was today (seriously this is the month o' birfdays)  Gin was my roommate for ONE year at Baylor, we shared the tiniest shoe-box of a room and had SO.MUCH.FUN every stinkin' night.  I'm convinced my abs were in better shape my sophmore year because of the amount of laughing me and that girl did.  And then she went off and became a nurse and left me for nursing school to learn how to deliver babies (Sheesh.  Jerk.)  But we are still the closest of friends.  HAPPY BIRFDAY GIN, I sure do LOVE YOU!!!


This was at Gin's bachelorette partay.  People used to think we were related in college.  I'll take that compliment any day!



Now back to the fact that I suck and forgot my camera, I will post a FEW pictures of what we did on Sunday night after we got back (and I got my hands back on my camera), since this is, like I said, the MONTH O' Birfdays.  We went to my Mamo's house to celebrate my daddy's bday!  He turned 57 (sorry daddy) and my uncle gave him the funniest present which, I hate to admit, took me about 5 minutes to get ... he taped a Lowe's gift card on a Heinz 57 bottle.  Get it?  He turned 57?  Well, I thought it was clever anyway.  We watched the game and had a YUMMERS dinner that ended with Sprinkles Cupcakes.  Anything is good whence ended with Sprinkles Cupcakes.  Here is a picture of the birfday boy, not looking at the camera for some reason ... not quite sure why ... I was the only camera taking pictures ... maybe he was trying to look "aloof" ... or "a goof" whatev ...





And me and my Silly.  The other boys were not so keen (hence the moans and groans when the camera comes out comment above) on taking pictures and the one we got of the whole fam was just HIDEOUS of muah so I will spare you the horror)



And yes, that's a jumper.  I got it in LR.  I will explain in my next post.  And no I'm not 2 years old.  I actually LOVE it, but was a LITTLE aprehensive about wearing anything that one, zips in the back, two, I feel like should have snaps in the crotch like a onezie and three, ... well makes it a little akward AND/OR time consuming to go to the ladies room ... definately not a "hold it til you mean it" kind of a outfit. 

Alright my sweet friends, that's all I've got until MY MOH SENDS ME THE PICS.  Kidding MOH.  Loves you.  But for now I must go because ...

There's a sad sort of clanging
From the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple, too
And up in the nursery
An absurd little bird
Is popping out to say coo-coo
(Coo-coo, coo-coo)

So long, farewell
Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight

So long, farewell
Auf Wiedersehen, adieu
Adieu, adieu
To you and you and you ...

I don't know if that made anyone as happy as it did me, but I WILL be going to sleep singing it.  So long, farewell ...




6 comments:

  1. You are too funny!!! My hubby and my son both moan and groan when the camera comes out..which is everyday. HA! Those cupcakes look delicious! Too bad I'm trying to watch what I eat.UGH! Looks like you guys had a great weekend. No more forgetting your camera!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband cringes when he sees me put my camera in my purse before we head out anywhere! Hehehehe- there is a part in Forgetting Sarah Marshall where a girl has her husband take a picture of her posing with her fork and knife at brunch and everytime the scene comes up my husband shouts, "Look it's you!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way man! It totally doesn't count as being MIA! You were just busy! :) Soooo glad that you guys had such a fun girls' weekend, and I really cannot wait to see those pictures!

    Happy Birthday to Gin and to your cute Daddy! I promise that you have the most genetically superior family on the planet! Ahhh!!

    Love the jumper! I'm thinking I need one of those for myself! Except I am sure that I couldn't pull it off nearly as well as you do!!

    Have a fabulous day, girlie! I'm off to email....ummm....I mean "work!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum Sprinkles cupcakes are the best! And M makes the loudest groan everytime I ask someone to take our picture which is all the time...or I make him pose in front of Ikea. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE taking too many pictures, especially at Bachelorette parties! I also So Long, Farewell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1/26/2010

    Happy Birthday, Gin!

    ReplyDelete