Friday, March 5, 2010

Favorite Fridays and A Few Fun Foughts ...

Okay, I know "Foughts" is spelled "Thoughts".  Give me a break, I was illiterating.

Favorite Fridays

Remember this last Friday?  Well today's topic is

Favorite Romantic Comedy (movie) ...

And I'm not sure this counts, but I'm going to go with it anyway.  Mine is none other than ...


"Aaaasssss Youuuuu Wisssshhhh"


Seriously, if you didn't grow up watching this movie then you need to go home, slap yo' momma and tell her she's deprived you of your basic emotional (and by emotional I mean laughter) needs and then immediately find a Redbox and watch it.  Pronto.  But seriously, don't really slap yo' momma.  Sometimes I feel the need to put "warning labels" like on the Starbucks coffee cups, cups that were made for to HOLD COFFEE, a beverage that is generally HOT, where it says "Careful, the beverage you are about to enjoy is extremely (duh) hot" or on cleaning product bottles where it states ... um ... "Not For Human Consumption" (duh).  So seriously, don't really slap yo' momma, or if you do, be prepared for her to slap you back.

Back to Princess Bride. Where else do you get appropriate in ALL situations quotes such as ...

"Hallo, my name is Inigo Montoya.  Jou keel my fadder, prepare to die."

or

Inigo Montoya: That Vizzini, he can *fuss*.
Fezzik: Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream at *us*.
Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no *harm*.
Fezzik: He's really very short on *charm*.
Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for *rhyme*.
Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the *time*.
Vizzini: Enough of that.
Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks *ahead*?
Fezzik: If there are, we all be *dead*.
Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I *mean it*.
Fezzik: Anybody want a *peanut*?
Vizzini: DYEEAAHHHHHH

and ...

Vizzini: HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE.
Inigo Montoya: Chou keep using that word. I do not think it means what chou think it means.

and saving my FAVORITE for last ...




Clergyman: Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam... 
Clergyman: And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva...
Clergyman: So tweasure your wuv.
Prince Humperdinck: Skip to the end.
Clergyman: Have you the wing?
Clergyman: ...and do you,Pwincess Buwwercup...
Prince Humperdinck: Man and wife. Say man and wife.
Clergyman: Man an' wife.

What is YOUR favorite Romantic Comedy (movie)?  Click the little button up there and link up at A Girl In Pearls and A Boy With Toys and fill us in!

In other news, Maria at Two Hearts Made Four gave me this sweet blog award ...


Thank you Maria, you are TOO sweet to think of me!

Last but not least, I have a GIVEAWAY coming!  Jessica at CSN Stores contacted me and asked if I'd be interested in hosting a giveaway and of course I said "Boy would I!"  So check back here in the next few days for the reveal of what you lucky girls will get to enter to win (I asked her if it was okay if I entered my own giveaway ... she said no.  Why?  Fangit (Soulmatey I love you), I see no conflict of interest?  Psshh.)

And now, I'll leave you with this handsome face.

That's him cooking me Valentine's Day Breakfast last year.  HE did NOT, like me in this post, burn the Valentine's Meal ...


Why am I leaving you with a picture of my mister you ask?  Well (1) because he's sheer eye candy, but (2) and the main reason, it's his BIRTH MONTH!  And I'm a horrible wife/blogger to not have mentioned it sooner.  I mean we ARE 5 days deep into March.  But truth be told, he HATES being the center of attention and will barely, if at all, let me fret over his birfday.  But he can't do ANYTHING about a little blog fretting!  My blog, my right to fret sugar.  Sorry (not really).  So HAPPY BIRTH MONTH to my mister, my best friend, my love.  There will be more where this came from, just you wait 'enry 'iggins, just you wait.  And P diddle S - If you know where that came from I might just marry you.  Not really because did you SEE up there what I'm already married to?  But I'll love you enough to want to.

Happy Friday loves, have a safe and wonderful weekend!!!

13 comments:

  1. Great romantic comedy choice!! I used one of the Princess Bride quotes in my boy's valentine's day card... I'm too cheesy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What day is his birthday? My husbands birthday is the 22nd! My doggie Tucker's is the 25th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love that movie. It's one of the most quotable movies of all time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANG-IT is right!! What they hey? No me gustavo!! Umm...and just a F-to the-Y-to the I...(wait for it!) The Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies ever! Good choice, soulmatey! :)

    And look at the handsome Mr. F cooking up a yummy breakfast for you, boo! :) I bet you'll never forget Valentine's Day Oh-Ten. ;)

    Happy Birthmonth, Mr. F!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No me gusavo!! Ha-larious....I heart the Princess Bride one of my all time favs...Great choice....

    Oh I just laughed out loud AGAIN over the Starbucks warning, seriously people should sooo know coffee is gonna be HOT...lol....and then the whole warning on smacking yo momma.....you crack me up....

    Happy Birfday month to your mister.....

    Your a doll have a Happy Friday
    Summer ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the Princess Bride... I worked with this old man named Bob who talked like the priest though and it drove me INSANE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for birth month buddies - I'm a March girl myself! And I am 100% ashamed to admit I never saw the Princess Bride. I know, for shame! I devoted 90% of my childhood to watching Dirty Dancing instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birth Month to your mister!!! & I left you a little something over at my blog (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Princess Bride-

    I introduced it to Mitch and Julia just a few weeks ago. Julz says it's her favorite movie now.

    My favorite romantic comedy has to be Notting Hill! Loves loves me some Hugh Grant

    ReplyDelete
  10. A girl after my own heart. Love love love that movie

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have only seen little parts of that movie, maybe i need to watch the whole thing. sounds like everyone else loves it too.
    i love romantic comedies! there are way too many to name ;)
    have a great weekend pretty girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT choice - thanks for playing! :)
    Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. super choice...but the my fair lady reference takes the cake. what a sweet boy to be cooking his lady breakfast...happy birthday to your mister!

    ReplyDelete