Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thoughtless Thursday!

It's time for ...


Photobucket


... again!

Here's the rules (in case you're a newbie, and if you are WELCOME, I'm so happy to have you!)  Basically you just post random pictures.  Of whatever you want.  From however long ago you want.  With no 'splainin' (or if you'd like, plenty of 'splainin', which is how it tends to go with me ...) whatsoever.  These are the pictures I was going to post LAST Thoughtless Thursday, before I got ALL of my wedding pictures back from my photographer (no, we didn't just get married, we're coming on our 5 year anniversary).  The first year we were married, my mister's parents decided to take a Fulmer Family Trip over Christmas.  SO, we went to London, Austria & Prague for a week!  It was the MOST amazing trip.  They really do Christmas right over yonder.  They have adorable little "Christmas Villages" set up in all the towns.  It's like being in a movie.  At one point we took a train from Austria to Prague.  It was a 5 hour trip, I totally felt like I was going to Hogwarts.  We rode through the country side.  While it was snowing.  With picturesque little cabins with billowing smoke coming up from them every few miles.  Literally the most Christmas-y place I've ever been, next to NYC.


{The Mister and I in front of one of the Christmas Villages.  Seriously, they sold chestnuts roasting on open fires.  I. was. in. HEAVEN.}


{This is us on the bridge to climb the bajillion stairs in Prague to a castle I can't remember the name of.  It HAS been almost 5 years you know, so I'm sure you'll cut me some slack ...}


{Me, the Mister and my BIL in front of the cool clock tower in Prague that shoots off all sorts of bells and whistles on the hour.  I'm not kidding.  It's a big, incredible hoopla ...}


{In front of the church at the top of the bajillion stairs we climbed ...}



{Me and the Mister in front of Trafalgar Square}


{In front of the London Bridge, which thankfully, wasn't falling down, falling down, falling down ... fal ... you get the idea}


{Us with one of the guards at a castle in London.  And yes, I promise I changed clothes, it was just frickin' FREEZIN' there and I wore my ski jacket with e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g}


{Walking through the gorgeously decorated streets of Austria a few days before Christmas}


{One of the palaces we visited in Austria}


{In front of the house Matt bought me in Austria.  I mean ... another gorgeous palace}


It was one amazing trip.  I heart Europe.  A lot.  I went to Paris when I was a sophmore in college and fell HEAD OVER HEELS for Europe.  You can imagine how thrilled I was when we had the opportunity to go back the first Christmas we were married and to see all new and historic places.  They do it different over there.  And I'm a fan.  So, now it's your turn!  Grab my button, post random pictures and come back over here and McLinky up!  Happy Thoughtless Thursday loves!!!


17 comments:

  1. I'm ready to post mine and your mclinky has not started yet! :( Hope you're feeling better miss sicky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you are feeling better and over the sickies love! I left you a pretty over at my blog yesterday! Your pics are fab! Wow they really roasted chesnuts....AWESOME....Your so stinkin cute! Happy Thoughtless Thursday! I'm off to do mine....

    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures by the way :) Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you feel better today! Love these pictures - I wanna go to Prague!!

    PS I am doing Thoughtless Thursday today for the first time! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh.... gorgeous! I haven't had the chance to go to Europe yet, but hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to go to Prague but it looks COLD in your pics. I don't really "DO" cold :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to Prague 5 years ago too! It was snowing when we were there so my photos of the castle from the Charles Bridge are just gorgeous. I loved Prague and we took my son, who was 7 at the time, on one of those guided tours at night that was about ghosts in Prague - he thought this was amazing. The tour finished off in a pub where some American guy on the tour said "enjoy your first pint,Seth!" and my son thought he was so cool being in a pub at night! I really loved Prague - it was so beautiful and I'd love to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pics are so awesome! I am now having serious vacation envy! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to do Christmas with the Fulmers because you guys know how to celebrate in style! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very FUN.I'm dying to go to Europe!!!
    P.S. Lovin the blog - I'm def a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to spend Christmas :) Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these pictures! My favorite is the one with you guys and the guard!

    I keep wanting to join in on this every Thursday, but I always have another post scheduled... don't want to get spammy. Next Thursday for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm always so jealous when i see people post their euro trips. i still have yet to go :(

    one day...

    hope you're feeling better today! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pictures!! I loved the hogwarts reference (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to go to Europe so bad! It's on the bucket list for sure. Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photos! I meant to do Thoughtless Thursday so I'm living vicariously through your awesome pictures. We're going to Prague this fall! I'm so excited especially after seeing your fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dang girl.. I want a family like Misters.. oh were going to Europe for Christmas...lol...I love your pictures.. they are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete