Friday, March 19, 2010

Favorite Fridays!

Favorite Fridays


That's right kiddies.  It's time for Favorite Fridays at A Girl in Pearls and A Boy With Toys.  I swear I no longer have to think about what to blog about with all these alliteration-y themed days ... SO today's topic IS ...

Favorite Musical Group

I have several favorite "groups", but I think my ALL-TIME favorites would consist of single people (not as in I'm lookin' for a date single.  As in solo. By themselves. Solitary) and those solo artists would be the following ...


Yep.  I cried like a baby when he died.  For days.  I'm serious.  Everytime a sappy tribute came on, highlighting any of the billions of songs that I loved, I lost it.  I grew up LOVING Thriller (especially at Halloween, when I was old enough to have a cell phone that wasn't Zach Morris sized, I would always change my ringtone to Thriller the entire month of October.  In fact, I still do) Billie Jean, Man in the Mirror, Human Nature, Beat It, Bad ... shoot pretty much everything the man has done.  Even since his Jackson 5 Days.  I know he ended up weird, and messed up.  But who wouldn't after what the media did to him?  He is and always will be, The King (albeit weird, and somehow all-the-suden white, King) of Pop.


I hearty heart heart Phil Collins.  This is mainly my dad's doing.  After my parents divorced, we spent every other weekend with my dad.  On those weekends, one of the main things I remember is being fed pizza, pumped full of sugar and taken to every arcade in town is my dad, driving with the sunroof open, blaring Phil Collins.  It so reminds me of him that for our Father/Daughter dance at my wedding we danced to Phil Collins "You'll Be In My Heart" from Tarzan.  Man I loved that soundtrack.  Disney PLUS Phil Collins!??!  Talk about a match made in Heaven (for me at least)!  Pure awesomeness.


This is another one of my dad's doings.  After the CD switched from Phil Collins, Sting would be put on on the way to being fed pizza, pumped full of sugar and taken to every arcade in town quickly after.  I love Sting's "new" stuff (as in 10 years ago new, i.e. Brand New Day) but I really love his older stuff as well (especially stuff in The Police days) like Roxanne, Every Little Thing She Does and Every Breath You Take.

And that's my Favorite Friday's friends (how's THAT for alliteration?).  If you want to play, head over to Jen's blog, grab her button, blog about it and go back and link up!

Okay, NOW onto other bidness.  First, I got some more blog awards!  I received this one from Amber ...

 
Um, hello, LOVES me some SITC!

And this one from Summer ...

Who doens't want to be a diva at SOME point?

Thanks for thinking of me girls!  Especially this week when I haven'tsomuch been feeling too hot.  I think I'm on the mend now.  Ph-ew. 

And lastly, can I just SAY that this week has D-R-A-G-G-E-D ... O-N ... F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!  Never have I been SO happy for Friday.  We have zero plans this weekend, besides my little (and by little I mean big, member?) broster coming in town and then going on a date with this guy ...




And then doing a lot of THIS ...




Because OHHH EMMM GEEEE THIS comes out TOOOOMMMOOORRROWWW!!!


And I fully plan to buy it AND watch it 842 times this weekend.  At least until I have Edward's image burned in my brain.  Such a lovely image.  SWOON.

And that's it, happy weekend loverlies!!!




17 comments:

  1. I'm with you on Michael Jackson and Phil Collins, and really any 80s music! Have a fun weekend, hope the mister gets to be around for all of it and doesn't spend it all working!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Sting. I went to a Police concert a few summers ago and it was ah-mazing!! Sounds like it's going to be a great & very relaxing weekend. OOHH man, I cannot wait for New Moon to come out tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a diva when I am in my car alone...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3/19/2010

    great picks! I love Phil and Sting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister in law preordered my New Moon, so it should be in the mail tomorrow!! woohoo!!! I cant wait either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Cause you'll be in my heart. Yes, you'll be in my heart. From this day on. Now and foreverrrrrrrr morrrrrrrreeeeeee....." ...Oh sorry. Don't mind me. When you say "Phil Collins," I get a mild case of Tourettes and start singing aloud! (I think my coworkers think I'm nuts. Oh wait. Pretty confident they already thought that.)

    And look at you, Soulmatey, with all your blogging awards! All well deserved. Wow-wee! You are gonna run out of space over on your sidebar! :)

    I'm sure that you and the Mister will find something absolutely fabulous to do this weekend. A little shopping, perhaps?!

    Looooooove you. Muchos. Now get on gchat so I can spend the rest of the day complaining about the guy across the hall who is whistling incessantly. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice on Michael Jackson and I couldn’t agree more. I was in shock when he passed and cried like a baby watching the funeral. I also put Thriller on my phone the entire month of October!

    It’s so funny, because I have come to appreciate Phil Collins as an adult more than I ever did as a kid. I have this CD and Genesis greatest hits. My favorite song is Throwing It All Away.

    Every Breath You Take is an awesome song.

    Congrats on the awards and I’m so excited New Moon is coming out too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING music choices!

    Congrats on all the awards! You deserve them!

    Your winnings are in the mail BTW; hubby brought them to the post office for me this afternoon! Look out at your work next week sometime!

    Can't wait for New Moon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your a sweetie....I'm glad you liked your award deary! Love that pic of you and your mister! Super cute!! I heart Michael Jackson and Sting! Now you have me singing Thriller...Thanks LOL....just kidding....

    Oh I am sooo excited about New Moon and the hubs called me at 11:00 and told me they had it at Target and I was like no way because they can't sell it until Midnight and he was like I am looking at the display....so I screeched get it....sooo he took it to the check out counter and the lady said I can't sell this to you until midnight and the hubs said well there is like alot of copies gone already and she said we can get sued for selling it early and he said well you should take down your display cause looks like you have sold alot....soooo they took the display down it was a mistake and it looks like I am gonna be making a trip to Walmart at midnight tonight LOL.... I am such a dork

    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michael Jackson is my all time fav (other than George Strait, hey I am a Texas girl)! Congrats on your awards too! I'm so excited for tomorrow too! New Moon, woohoo!!! Hope you have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. is it weird that i'm not jumping up and down over new moon coming out? because i think it is. i'm as obsessed with the books/films as they come. huh...anyway, happy fabulous friday m'dear!

    have an awesome weekend! think i'll go home and listen to a little phil collins while i get ready tonight.

    "i can hear it coming in the air tonight...oh lord..."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3/19/2010

    We just saw the second twilight wed night!!!! We both loved it!!!!!I cant wait for the third one!!!Happy friday pretty girl!!! Im picking the winner tomorrow for the giveaway!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, Katie! You crack me up!! Especially with the OHHHH EMMMM GEEE!! Love it and possibly stealing it?

    MJ...Phil...Sting...Ahhh!! Great picks!!! :)

    Have a lovely weekend, dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love me some Phil Collins!!! And I'll be more than happy to come watch New Moon with you 842 times...K? K!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE Sting! Brand New Day is one of my fav songs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So how many times did you watch New Moon? I just finished it myself. That scene with Jacob in the rain. Agh... He is just y.u.m.m.y. Which makes me a total cougar but whatever. I love my husband. I love my husband. I love my husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. New Moon came out in the UK today - I bought it on my way to work in case they ran out! You never know! Movie night tonight for me and my daughter - camp Edward!!

    ReplyDelete