Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wishful Wednesday: Winter Olympics


Welcome to Kelsey at The Seattle Smith's fantastically fun feature Wishful Wednesday!  This Wednesday's Topic is ...

'I wish' .... I could have gone to the 2010 Winter Olympics to see one event, and it would have been the Opening Ceremonies!




Okay, don't hate me ... and start gettin' your panties all in a wad (cause seriously, that's really uncomfortable).  And don't get me wrong.  I DO like the Olympics.  And I get very excited when the good ole' US of A wins medals and conquers OUTSTANDING feats for our country.  But I just. don't. watch. like I should, that is.  And generally, the only real time I am overly-conscious of them being on is either when (a) figure skating is on, cause I think it's purty or (b) it gets in the way of my weekly shows (i.e. I almost had a conniption last Thursday when I realized I had to wait until THIS week to see Jim and Pam's labor experience)  But HELLO the Opening Ceremonies!  I am such a sap for premeditated emotion enducing performances.  Even when they're dancing and twirling around huge trees made out of floating fabric that borderline looks like a Cirque Du Soleil production.  SUCK.ER.  Right here.  To start, Bryan Adams and Nelly Furtado singing a song that sounded like it was straight out of Disney's "Brother Bear"? (um, LOVED it!  Cornyness n' all)  Yes please.  And HELLO, Sarah McLachlan!  I love love LOVE anything that she does.  You drop her in the middle of the PGA Tour and I'd watch hours upon hours of the most BORING SPORT ALIVE.  If she was the promised entertainment that is.  Ah-mazing.  And then K.D. Lang (which I could do with or without) sings "Hallelujah" (which I can ALWAYS do WITH!) followed by topping it off with someone (who, for the record, I really can't remember) singing Joni Mitchell's "Both Sides Now" which is only one of my all-time favorite songs.



 
And let's not forget the ginormous bear that looked like a gargantuan-sized version of the blow-up ones you (and by you, I mean not me) put on your lawn at Christmas ... who WOULDN'T that give chill bumps to!??!  Hopefully you can detect a LITTLE sarcasm here ...


So there you have it.  I wish I could've been there.  Because it's super cold there and I'd be willing to bet that seeing it live in all it's corny glory would've given me bigger goosebumps than it did seeing it in my warm living room under my snuggly blanket (with my snuggly pup might I add).   What would your answer be?  Well head on over to Kelsey's Blog, grab her button, blog about it and tell her!  Enquiring minds want to know!!!


7 comments:

  1. Ummm...I love that you chose this. opening cer. is totally the best part of the olympics...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats pretty cool. No one else Ive seen has chosen this. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't watch any of the Olympics! shame on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3/03/2010

    hope you got your award I got ya!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a new follower! You are so cute! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh my goodness -- smarty pants! I didn't even think about the opening ceremony!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Women's snowboarding for sure...those chicks amaze me!

    ReplyDelete