Wednesday, June 16, 2010

17 Week Bumpdates!

Yes, I know.  You can hardly contain your excitement.  Simmer down kids, simmer down.  Because it's that time again.  Where I tell you all things belly.  And ONE thing I can't beweave I forgot to tell y'all is that our 16 week appointment went great and we heard little love's heartbeat on the ... whatever they call that machine that picks up the heartbeat.  Dopplar?  No, that can't be right.  That's what they use to track thunderstorms.  Well on the "thing that picks up baby's heartbeats" machine.  And it was, as it will always be, music to this momma's ears.  AND, we scheduled our gender sono!!!  July 2nd we will FOR SURE find out if this is the little boy that we (and the genetics doctor from the 12 week sonogram) think it is!!!  That's technically 2 1/2 weeks away.  We SO lucked out.  I actually went in there thinking "I'm totally going to trick the scheduler into letting me "knock off some waiting time", this lady won't know what hit her!" because our appointments have been on Fridays (2 days after my weeks officially start over) and usually they give you an appointment 4 weeks from the day your previous appointment was scheduled.  When she said "Okay, 4 weeks from today is Friday July 9" (yes, I know that, but I'm about to trick you) I responded by saying "Um, do you have earlier in the week, say a Monday or Tuesday" (with the intent to knock some days off of, like I said "waiting time") and she said "Oh, ACTUALLY it looks like Dr. L is going to be on vacation that whole week (to which my heart immediately sunk, awesome, this is so my luck, I'm going to have to wait 5 WEEKS instead of 4) to which she followed her statement with, "Would you like to come in the Friday before?"  She might as well have just asked a dog if he wanted a treat the way I perked up.  "Why yes, yes I WOULD!" (tail wagging, tongue hanging out) and THAT'S how we knocked a full week off of waiting to find out what the sex for sure is.  So COMEMERE July 2nd!!!  I can't wait to be able to say "We are having a boy!" and know for SURE!

Okay, onto the Bumpdates.  I'm going to start these bumpdates with some pictures of the 17 week belly.  Now, bear with me.  These are what you get when you take pictures with your arm outstreached (and over your head mind you, so don't let the tiny-ness of the belly fool you, it's the angle folks, an aerial angle will always make you look tinier)






{this one doesn'tsomuch show the belly but I like my headband today and wanted to show y'all, hee!}


NOW.  Onto the bumpdates.  I'm thinking of using a different survey (copied from Heather's blog) this time, y'all make sure and tell me howya like it.  Mmmmmk?

How far along:  Poor, stupid questionnaires.  Apparently they don't read my blog.  17 weeks silly questionnaire.  17 weeks.  And here comes the vajayjay picture ...



Baby looks a little less alien-ish and a little more baby-ish!

Maternity Clothes:  As it is 142 degrees outside on a daily basis (Oh how I love Texas.  Really I do, but I'll admit, that was said with sarcasm) I'm thinking that wearing my maternity swimsuit all the time might be a great idea.  Even if I do scare everyone I come within a 2 mile radius of.  Mothers of Dallas, be prepared to shield your child's eyes, coworkers, I apologize, Mister ... well you did this to me so you get no sympathy (kidding, those kind words don't come until the birthing part) ... 

Sleep:  Better.  Much better.  I'm a happy camper in my pillow fort.  And I definately just typed "fart" the first time.  Now THAT made me giggle.  I'm officially 5.

Best Moment of the Week:  Knowing that we're officially 2 1/2 weeks from finding out (for sure) what the little booger is. 

Movement:  Not yet.  MY movement, however, is getting a little more complicated.  When you have an obstacle about the size of a nerf football that gets in your way it makes things ... complicated.



Food Craving:  Fat fairy is now building a house and planting her garden (of cupcakes and chocolate bars mind you) on my hips, arms and FACE (apparently), fruit fairy still nowhere to be found ...




Gender:  Again questionnaire, don't you listen?  I've told you the last bajillion times, we're 95% sure it's a BOY, July 2nd will tell us for sure!!!

What I'm looking forward to:  Running STRAIGHT to register and picking our for sure name once we find out for sure what this little turkey is.




Weekly Wisdom:  You know the only people who are always sure about the proper way to raise children? Those who've never had any.  ~Bill Cosby

And that's it for the Bumpdates!  I DID want to take a minute and say thank you for all the great responses I got to yesterday's post.  I always KNEW I liked y'all but knowing that I have a bunch of readers that love and care about the well being of animals as much as I do makes me feel all warm and squishy inside.  So thanks everyone, I LOVES all of you loverlies!!!

33 comments:

  1. Your baby bump is sooooo cute! I miss those days! FUN! You are too cute!! LOVE the head band too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweet Katie, cute headband you're rockin there missy! Your baby bump is like the most adorable thing EVER and there is no way you are fluffy, you look so tiny to me! Love the new version of bumpdates this week, and yippeeeeeeee July 2 countdown is ON! xoxo Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on July 2nd! :)
    Very cute headband, luv how you got that in! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the headband and you look super cute, as always! I am sure you are beyond excited for July 2nd to come!!! I can't even imagine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that headband! Where did you get it? Seriously I have a headband obsession...or as Chad calls it that drawer in the bathroom full of hair crap.

    You are too cute with your pregnant self. A i loooove the lol cats :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. funny I WAS looking at your headband and not your baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude. The muffin is way cuter than that graphically engineered baby in the vajayjay diagram. I'm just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable...as always! You make me sick! Ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super Cute bump... glad you get to get in earlier for the Ultrasound :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Love your headband and the cat pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a cute cute bump!!!!!!!!!!

    I love your headband too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute outfit and super cute headband! Your such a cute little mommy to be!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute baby bump! Those colors look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are a doll! your bump is TOO cute!!
    the headband is adorable!!
    the cat pictures are great as well, haha!
    hope all is well hun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darling pictures!! Love the headband and your blue shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. okay i seriously love your headband. and your adorable baby belly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. bahaha, I read it as fart the first time

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look great!! and gald to hear that you are sleeping and eating better :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Could you be any MORE adorable with a bump??? Love it and I can't wait to hear the BOY name =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your bump is so cute! Love it. The time is really flying by, isn't it?! If you are 17 weeks that means I am 27 ... starting my THIRD trimester tomorrow! I better kick it into high baby gear :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post! I love the 'fat fairy' and 'fruit fairy' part. :) I don't know if anyone has warned you yet...but she doesn't go away after the pregnancy. In fact, the fat fairy called over a couple of her friends to join in my 'postpardum' days. Not fun when I had to watch the scale go back up...ugh. Felt like I owed it to you to give you the heads up. Maybe you will get lucky, and she will make an early departure. :)

    Can't wait till July 2nd! Little boys are such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Katie you are so cute! love the baby bump and that headband is fabulous!! Love it I was thinking how cute before you said how much you liked it too! LOL Where did you get it? I want one!!

    I can't wait to find out for sure your little Fulmer's gender either! How fun....
    LOL how ya tricked the lady...

    have a great day
    Summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE your headband SO cute!! Enjoying your pregnancy updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the bump pic and headband!! Woohoo for 2 and a half weeks until gender date!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Saw this on FB today and thought the same thing now and then...You are SO cute! You may be the cutest preggers I know!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are so cute...I'm so happy you get to find out early...Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your baby bump is too cute!!! How exciting! I'm glad you get to find out a little earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You make pregnancy look unbelievably cute! So happy you get to find out what your little one is even sooner! I need to know by the way, where is your head band from? This girl is sold, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cute bump and headband! I can't wait to hear the results from your appointment on July 2!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your baby bump pics are the best! And that pic of the baby does look creepy... and I don't like seeing the word vagina. Can't they call it a coolie or something?

    ReplyDelete
  31. you are hysterical.. you look FABULOUS, LOVE the headband.. but can we talk for a minute about how i almost peed myself when i read about the "fat fairy" vs. the "fruit fairy?" omg. i die. seriously. we must be sharing the same fairy, too. at 33 weeks, i don't think i've seen the fruit fairy since week 16. AWESOME? yes. For my thighs and ass? Definitely NOT!!! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm glad you have a new survey.. if you had to answer that leakage question one more time... bahahaha

    ReplyDelete