Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekend & CSN Review!

Morning glories!  I hope y'all had wonderfully relaxing and enjoyable weekends!  Mine was full of encouraging, faith building women that included speakers, dramatic interpretations and musical artists at the Women of Faith conference!  This is my 6th year in a row to attend the conference and it was just as good this year as it has been every other year.  If you've never been to a Women of Faith conference and they ever visit anywhere close to where you live I encourage you, STRONGLY, to go.  It is life-changing.  I promise.  Plus it's girl power like you've never experienced.  I pity every single man that had to work that event at the American Airlines Center.  They are brave souls.  On TOP of how great the conference was, I got to go with my BEST friend and favorite woman on the planet, my MOMMA!  The Mister hooked us up with an awesome hotel downtown so we didn't have to drive back and forth (the conference starts on Friday night and then continues the next day) so here is where we stayed on Friday night ...




In a room that looked JUST like this (we may have messed the room up too quickly for me to take a picture), except with two queen beds.  Have you seen this belly?  It was better for me to have my own bed along with my own pillows.




We were on the executive floor which included a concierge room with free snacks (Every pregnant gal loves that!) and non-alkie drinks (Every pregnant gal loves THAT too!  Although I'm not going to lie, I'm looking forward to joining my momma in her glass of wine next year ...).  WOF just happened to be during the same week as restaurant week in Dallas so my mom and I made reservations at one of the restaurants downtown to eat before the first night's session started.  We went to Nobu at the Crescent and had some FANTASTIC sushi (don't worry, I only eat cooked rolls) and DELISH Japanese dessert before we headed over to the AAC.


{My momma and her linebacker daughter at dinner.  Look at them SHOULDERS!}


{In our seats at the conference the first night.}


{This isn't very clear, but can we talk about how EXCITED I was to see that Natalie Grant, only one of my favorite Christian artists EVER, is preggo at the same time as me and due in December with her THIRD little girl!?!?  I totally see an arranged marriage happening here, I mean look how GORGEOUS momma is!  Not to mention the girl can SING!  Coming from a family that loves Jesus is always a plus too, duh Kate.}


{Can you see her little baby bump?  How cute is she ...}


{I mean really.  I have a little girl crush on this chick.}


After the first night was over, we went back to the hotel, crashed and then woke up the next morning to head back to the AAC, after getting our Starbucks crack fix of course.  It all started for me with my momma.  She's the one to blame.


{Pardon my extra chins.  I don't remember packing those?}


And that's the only pic I took on Saturday.  Makes sense, the day we have a longer period of time, I take one.  The day we have 2 hours?  I take 25.  Go figure.  All in all my momma and I had a GREAT time, got some great books and music to take with us, and will DEFINATELY be making this a momma/daughter tradition.  I guess next year Caleb will have to stay home with daddy.  Hee.  Oh, and sidenote - two ladies at the conference told me I was a cute preggo.  Take THAT random rude ladies that told me I was huge!  I think my two kind, though possibly lying ladies this weekend cancel out your comments from last week.  BOOYAH!

After the conference was over I went home to spend some time with my Mister.  We ordered pizza (yum) and watched Book of Eli.  Has anyone ever seen this?  I'm not really sure what I thought of it.  We went to bed after that and did the church/lunch/home thing yesterday.  A relaxing weekend is always a good weekend.

Now, onto my CSN Product Review!  Now, if you haven't hopped over and visited CSN Stores yet, you should.  They have everything from dining room furniture to baby furniture to bistro sets.  But that's not all, they even have shoes, baby clothes, gift items and TONS more to choose from!  What am I going to review?  I'm thinking a cute pair of boots.  But don't hold me to that, first I must spend hours upon hours browsing over the millions of possibilities of items that I COULD review.  Online shopping is the best.  You don't have to deal with crowds, you don't have to park, shoot you don't even have to put on clothes (although when you're close to 7 months pregnant I highly recommend it, even if it IS just for your dog's sake) and you can shop til your fingers drop.  I'll let y'all know what I choose and how UNBELIEVABLY much I love it (because CSN has never let me down before) as soon as I make a decision ...

Off to online shop away!  Happy Monday loves!  OH and did I mention this Thursday we have another sono?  I can't WAIT to have new pictures to show y'all of our sweet boy!!!

19 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love Natalie Grant! I am so jealous that you got to see her! I have been dying to go to that conference for a while now...I know you had a blast! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! Glad you and your mama had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! I would LOVE to go to a WOF conference!!!! Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at Women of Faith this weekend in Indianapolis!! I am so excited because your Imagine tour is in Indianapolis next year which means I get to see Natalie Grant next year!! We had Mandisa and Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife Mary Beth! So glad you had a great weekend as well, wasn't it great for your soul?!?!?! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That conference sounds great I've never heard of one up here. Looks like a fun weekend with moms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for more ultrasound pics!! Those are always the best! We have an appointment tomorrow (just heart beat, no u/s) and then next Wednesday is our big anatomy/gender scan with pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh and I'd LOVE to go to one of those conferences, I've heard nothing but great things :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband used to work for CSN Stores before we got married! (We live in Massachusetts and they are a Boston-based company). They have great products.

    Sounds like a fun weekend with your mom! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like the conference is amazing!! I may have to find one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like fun!! I love Natalie Grant, she's one of my favorite contemporary chrisitian artist, we rented the Book of Eli a few weeks ago, I only made it through about 1/2 before I was catching so zzzz's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great girl's weekend with your mom. I love Natalie Grant as well! She is so inspirational! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun weekend! And very inspiring post! You look absolutely ADORABLE and your mom is beautiful as well! I can't wait to see the new pics of Caleb! I have always been in love with that name btw. It was on our list for a boy...then we had a girl :) Glad you had a fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you had a wonderful time at WOF, my mom and I attended Beth Moore conference last time she was in our area and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!!

    I am also doing a CSN review coming up as well! I love that website!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That hotel room is gorgeous, you are glowing of course, and how beautiful is your momma too! I too have been really impressed with CSN. woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is such a cute outfit you have on at dinner with your mom! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are driving me crazy with your destructive talk about yourself! Stop it! You are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you and your momma had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOF sounds awesome! I'll have to see if they're coming to my area anytime soon. That would be so fun to go to with a group of friends. You look like one hot momma by the way--don't let anyone tell you different! I'll be a lucky girl if I look half that good when I'm preggers.

    ReplyDelete