Monday, September 20, 2010

First Baby Shower!

Mornin' glories!  I hope y'all had wonderfully relaxing weekends are getting some COOLER weather unlike the good ole' T-E-X-of-AS.  Sheesh.  I'm really getting sick of having 90+ degree weather EVERY day in the middle of September!  Seriously fall, where are you?  If you could kick it down south for a bit there is one pregnant lady that would REALLY appreciate not sweating every time she moves.  Spanks.

Other than the heat nastiness, the weekend was a great one!  On Friday we painted little man's room and it looks FANTASTIC.  And by "we painted" I mean the Mister painted everything and I painted one wall.  The green accent wall.  My Mister kicked some painting arse this weekend.  Thankfully it all turned out okay because we had a little bit of a fiasco on Friday morning.  The Mister had two days off before he starts his new job on Monday so Friday was his day to paint.  We borrowed an electric painter from his parents, which in theory sounded like an AWESOME idea, and when I left on Friday morning to go run some errands and pick up some things I needed for the shower on Saturday everything was a-okay.  Until about 30 minutes later.  I get a phone call from the Mister involving a request for a trip to Home Depot, a few explatives murmured under his breath and a VERY frustrated explanation that the electric painter had a clog in it and when the Mister went to clean it out in the bathtub it exploded all over the walls and the tub.  That's right.  Blue paint everywhere.  Needless to say he wasn't a very happy boy so I dropped the rest of my errands, went to Home Depot and picked myself up a roller to "help" (like I said, I did one wall, the man is a painting machine) and came straight home.  The end result is fantastic, in my opinion anyway.  I will let you judge for yourself ...






What do y'all think?  I love the way it turned out.  I can't wait to see it all put together!

Now, onto Saturday (i.e. the best shower EVER!)  Six of my closest girlfriends threw me my first baby shower and WHAT a shower it was!  Caleb was so VERY spoiled and loved on this special day.  Unfortunately two of the hostesses couldn't be there, but they were there in spirit.  We missed you Kim and Megs!  There was such detail and time put into this shower that I figured instead of telling you about the shower I'd just show you.  So here we go, a pictoral view of our very first baby shower.

First off, the deet's of the shower.  Luckily my Silly took my camera over and took TONS of pictures so I didn't have to worry about it.














{My Silly MADE all the little signs on the minature bottles!}
















All of the painted items you see my MOH made and will go in Caleb's nursery!








{His weight and DOB will be added to this when he gets here!}








And now onto the pictures with people in them.  Pardon my sweatyness, poor Andrea (my MOH) mom's AC broke about an hour before the party started so we were all a little warm but still had a FANTASTIC time!  I told her it was fine, I pretty much sweat no matter where I am so even if the air was working I'm sure my sweat situation would've been the same, we'll just go with "I'm glowing" that's what pregnant women are supposed to do anyways, right?


{My Silly (Sister in Law) and I}


{Mama & my aunt Belinda}


{Becky, myself & Leesh (one of my loverly hostesses)}


{Four of my six hostesses all lovin' on baby Fulmer}


{Another one closer up}


{My momma & I}


{My cute momma trying to be helpful and open some champagne for the non-preggers Mimosas}


{Sweet friends, two of them have blogs, Jen is the author of Crying Over Spilled Milk and Liz, next to me is the author of Rockabye Restoration!}


{Me with Caleb's loot!}


{Darling monogrammed snuggly bear for Caleb to sleep with and probably eventually drag around like a blankie}


{We got his bedding!  Thanks momma & Mama!!!}


{The darling book "The Dangerous Book of Boys" from my MIL}


{Part of my gift from the hostesses, the one and ONLY thing the Mister wanted to for Caleb's nursery, stuffed "taxidermy" heads for his "trophy wall"  TOO CUTE!}


{Another part of my gift from the hostesses.  Sic 'em bears!}


{And yet ANOTHER part of my gift from the hostesses, they did TOO MUCH, the darling little blue elephant rocker for Caleb's nursery!}


{A few more pictures with sweet friends}


{Great grandma and grandma's to be}


{My MOH and I in front of the adorable sign she made}


{And a full-lengther}


PHEW and that's just 1/4th of the pictures that I my Silly took!  It was SUCH a fun day and I was pampered and spoiled beyond belief.  I am so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends!

I hope you all enjoyed your weekends half as much as I did!  Happy Monday loverlies!!!

30 comments:

  1. your shower looked amazing! caleb is one loved little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i loved you shower & i wasn't even there...lol! it looks amazing! so happy you got a lot of stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man!! Your shower looks great. You can feel the LOVE and energy coming from each photo. You're so lucky to be blessed with so much love around you, the mister and baby C. But you know that already.

    PS - that accent wall looks hot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy your MOH took over your said camera so I could see some major picture action!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek look at all the details....I love the baby bottles with the signs, um the food amazing, I love the blue and white chocolate on the strawberries, and the Caleb signs and all those paintings and the cute Welch's grapejuice wine and well I just love it all!! You look Fantabulous girlie.....and you are glowing you are so stunning :0)

    Love the stuffed baby taxidermy stuff, that is to funny yet so cute all at the same time!! Looks like you and your little dude got lots of loot!

    Um I can't believe it is 90 degrees in Texas still, um well yes I can I lived there for a year but that is so HOT!!

    The walls look amazing and I love the accent wall, I bet you just about freaked when your mister called and said there had been an accident with the painter thingy .....glad it all got cleaned up.....

    love ya
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all the gifts! especially the picture of you and your husband facing each other! you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the taxidermy stuff lol. Cant wait to see it in his room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! the room is looking WONDERFUL! I love how the walls look :)
    And I LOVE all of the sweet pictures from your shower. Looks like little man is going to be a LITTLE spoiled and you look wonderful, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like an awesome shower!! Lucky baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie,
    Your shower looks amazing!! I co-hosted a baby shower, but it was only me and one other girl, and it was much harder (and expensive) than I thought it would be, but I loved it anyway. You're so lucky to have great friends who can do this for you!
    Also, amid the sweat, you are still one of the cutest preggo ladies EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shower pictures! Looks like a really fun shower! And you look soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of the Caleb signs. Beautiful shower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree the room looks fabulous. Great job Mister!

    And I love all the painted items that your MOH gave you for the nursery. How thoughtful!

    Those strawberries look amazing. Super yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so happy you loved your shower. It was so fun to put together! We love you and sweet baby Caleb. (And mister and Koda, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was so fun! Thanks for letting me be a part of it!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. The room looks amazing! Love the green and blue! And I saw the pics on facebook they are so precious! Looks like a great baby shower. Im throwing 3 in the spring so its nice to get ideas hehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww I love the signs, especially the "You wake him, you take him" LOL!!!! Looks like such a fun shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw they did an amazing job! I too love the You Wake Him You Take Him sign that's too cute! Such great friends! Love the deer heads lol that's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look great and the shower was SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a great shower!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, looks like a beautiful shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love all the Caleb signs and custom items! Your shower was adorable and looks like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like a great party...and that little Caleb is oretty spoiled already :)
    Blake has those same stuffed "heads" in his room at my parents house. He is OBSESSED with them...every time he goes to my parents house he has to go straight upstairs to see them....he says "hi guys"....and it is SOOO cute :) Caleb will love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look amazing and are glowing in all your photos! It definitely looked like a fun shower!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous9/20/2010

    Your shower looks amazing! Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The food and decorations look amazing! It looks like it was a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow what a beautiful spread they put together! So exciting when you start to get the stuff to fill babys room!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So fun! What a lucky little boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous9/22/2010

    I love the taxidermy! That is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh my gosh SO cute! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous9/28/2010

    Oh wow it looks like a great shower! I love that little elephant rocker!

    ReplyDelete