Friday, September 24, 2010

The Weekend is HERE!

Good morning glories!  I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone that linked up and played along for TT yesterday!  Y'all had some FABULOUS posts that I thouroughly enjoyed reading/picture browsing.  I'm still having that little issue with the computer regarding posting comments.  Some days it works, some days it doesn't and some days it's just difficult.  That being the reason I call my computer a 'she' because 'she' pretty much has constant PMS.  So, anyoldwho, that's beside the point, I saw them all and am so glad that so many of you decided to play along while kickin' a shout out to my new button!

I hope y'all have some exciting weekend plans, we have quite a bit, among them being a wedding of a friend who I've known since we were in diapers.  Our parents were friends therefore we did the things that friends of parents friends kids do.  We went on vacations together, spent the night at each other's houses, went trick or treating together, made forts in each other's rooms ... that kind of thing.  In fact, I actually have one of many pictures of Casey and I where our mothers decided they should dress us alike.  They did this a lot.  And we wondered why people always thought we were twins.


{I have no idea what was going on here, but apparently I'm EXCITED that we're both wearing our watermelon shirts.  In case you didn't catch that I'm the one about to pee my pants (it's likely that I did) while squealing on the right.}


Anyway, the point is not that we grew up together.  And that our parents were close friends.  And that we vacay'ed together.  The point is I'm going to a wedding.  For the first time pregnant.  And I have NO shoes to wear that either:

 a) don't fit

 b) don't match one of my few tents options for preggo wedding attire

 or

 c) make me want to saw my feet off because they are so uncomfortable.

  You think I'm kidding?  I could fit a saw in my evening clutch if deemed necessary.  So I thought I had this dilemna solved when the Mister said it was okay for me to go buy a new pair of shoes a 1/2 size larger.  And let me just add this side note.  The last thing I need from pregnancy is to gain SHOE SIZES on top of L-B's.  I mean seriously, at this rate I'm pretty sure I'd quailfy for the NBA, going by just shoe size alone.  And the Mister already called me Sasquatch BEFORE my feet swelled up like a hobbit's, so at this point I'm just ASKING for it.  But enough of that, back to problem solved (or so I thought) ...

... so Target has these darling leopard print tiny heeled (or kitten-heeled as they call it) closed-toed pumps.  Darling, perfect color for the tent dress I'm thinking will work and of course, Target = GREAT price.  So what kind of luck do I have?  Every. stinkin'. Target. within 20 minutes of my house, is sold out of the size I need.  Need a size 8?  Sure, they have it.  9 1/2?  Great, there's 2 or 3.  8 1/2?  A bountiful supply from heaven.  9?  Nowhere to be found.  I'm pretty sure, as a horrible, mean prank to me, someone who is probably 5' 8" or taller and properly suited to have a size 9 foot somewhere went and bought EVERY. SINGLE. SIZE 9, kitten-heeled, leopard print, $25.99 pair of perfectly suited for the wedding I'm attending Saturday night, shoes that Target has.  And I DON'T THINK IT'S FUNNY LADYNOT ONE BIT!


{These are the shoes in question.  I have no idea why they're coming out so gigantic.  Maybe they're supposed to be life-sized.  Seriously, my feet are frickin' huge.}

The inside of the spots is the exact bronze of the dress I'm (thinking about, nothing's set in stone until the shoes are IN my possession) wearing.

SO, today I will be on a hunt to find these beauties in not an 8, or a 9 1/2 or an 8 1/2 but a 9.  Hopefully I'll beat the size 9 shoe knome to at least ONE store before he steals all the rest of the 9's made in this darling little shoe.  I'll update y'all on my progress (and my feet) on Monday but until then, have a fantastic Friday and a safe, relaxing weekend!!!

16 comments:

  1. You should have told me this a few days ago! I would have overnighted you a pair!!! :)

    Hope you find them today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishin you luck on the great shoe debacle of 2010

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my LOL. You seriously crack me up. I hope you find the shoes somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girlie you crack me up! Good luck on your shoe search, and I know you don't wanna hear this but maybe you could get the 9 1/2 and wear them big....yeah I know ya need to smack me for that comment LOL

    Yay your mister said you could by new shoes for your footsies....how sweet

    That pic of you and your friend is so funny

    good luck on finding the size 9's

    xoxo
    Summer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll look great no matter what...tell Casey CONGRATS!!!

    And don't forget DSW, you can always show the Mister what they "should" have cost and get away with a cute pair :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh oh...hope you find them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9/24/2010

    I am sending you good shoe luck! :) Hopefully you find them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shoes! I hope you find them! And I know you'll look beautiful at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw hope you find them! I saw some here a few days ago!

    ReplyDelete
  10. crying and LAUGHING out loud. . . serioulsy sooooo funny!!!! I LOVE the hobbit comment! Katie! You brighten my day! ;-) Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9/24/2010

    that is such a cute picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the picture of you... adorable.! Plus those shoes are to die for, I hope you find them.!

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha cute picture of your girls!! Good luck finding the shoes and have a fabulous wedding weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll check in Austin. I'm coming to Dallas tomorrow for a wedding too and I could bring them if I find them. Then we could meet in real life! :) Good luck finding them in town!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That picture is too cute! Good luck with the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. GOOD LUCK with your shoe hunt :-) cute throwback pic too hehe

    ReplyDelete