Monday, October 18, 2010

Caleb's Second Baby Shower ...

WELL.  It happened.  They let me out of lockdown the house.  And I can honestly say I've never been so happy to leave the house in my life.  I know it doesn't really sound like a big deal (and it really isn't) but I hadn't left the house since the Saturday before this past one and it felt kind of odd to do so!  Odd, but at the same time, fantastic.  It was great to get out and see my family, get some fresh air and MOST of all, celebrate our little man!  This was my second shower and I can't even begin to express how loved this little man already is.  As a matter of fact, I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.  The shower was given by my aunts Joann and Norma Lou, my cousins Tammy and Machell and close family friend, Gayle at my mom's house.  It was perfect, from the food, to the decor to the company.  Caleb and I had a blast.  He's currently emphasizing it by dancing around in my belly.  And I felt fantastic the whole time.  I was a good girl and sat mainly in my chair the whole time, but I did get up to give hugs, get my umteenth glass of baby shower sherbert punch food and use the bathroom (hey, I'm a pregnant lady, this is bound to happen several times during ANY trip I take).

But like I said, let's let the pictures speak for themselves.








{Grandmomma and momma to be!}


{The two aunties.  Aunt Erin (brother's wifey also known as "Silly") and Aunt Ally (my little sister)}




This is the series I like to call "The Funniest Shower Games Ever".  Basically it was like the TV show "Minute To Win It" where they drew names out of a bowl and competed against each other in various competitions.  The first was who could drink the water in the baby bottles the fastest, who could put the alphabet magnets in order the fastest and lastly, who could cloth diaper the scary baby dolls the most times.  All in a minute.







{Mama's SEWIOUS!}


And thus begins the series I like to call "The Face of High Blood Pressure" (i.e. swollen, chubby face syndrome)



{SOOO funny how appropriate this is, I LOVE IT!}








And this is the series I like to call "Pictures with Katie Claus" since I am seated, in a large chair, with a belly that shakes like a bowl full of jelly as people crowd around me and I remain stationary. 





{"What would YOU like for Christmas little girl?  Have you been naughty or nice?}



Isn't this one LOVED little boy?  And one loved momma too I might add, you should've seen the way people were fretting over me, not letting me stand up or do a THING.  I seriously felt so melodramatic.  BUT doctor's orders!

I can also tell you your prayers were heard because I felt WONDERFUL the whole time at the shower and after coming home and taking my blood pressure, it was a TINY bit high, but no worse than after getting up here around the house to run to the bathroom or get myself a drink.  We go to the doctor tomorrow to check on little man and myself and I'm HOPING I might get a little lienancy on my activity (or lack thereof) after proving that I can follow instructions ...

Wish me luck!

25 comments:

  1. Oh KATIE CLAUS!!!! DYING. . . absolutely DYING laughing! :-) AND not true silly! ;-) SOOOO glad you were able to leave and have fun this weekend! :-) Love to you and your cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness those games looked like fun!!! yay for getting out of the house again! good luck with your appointment and have fun with organizing all those cute gifts! little man sure is loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA I must agree with the Katie Cluas! That is absolutely hilarious! But seriously you look amazing and soo stinkin cute! So glad you got to get out for a bit! I'm sure that helped! Enjoy a relaxing Monday (I am only a bit jealous)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA HA, love the Katie Claus comment, I can only imagine! But you look goregous girl and judging from your pics, looks like you had an amazing time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are looking good girl! looks like a wonderful shower....baby boy is so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super cute shower! Love all the pictures...especially the Katie Claus :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the first thanksgiving onesie...how precious is that??? Cute shower! Glad you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the baby shower game and your grandma with the safety pins. When I saw them on FB I totally thought the same thing, She means business!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun shower! I have stalked you for a while...but feel like I need to comment and tell you that I am sorry about your high BP...your swollen feet pics in the hospital make me want to cry because they look WAAAAAYYYYY too familiar. I had high BP and swelling issues with my first...does it hurt for you to sit on the potty yet? Any weird/random pressure...I just felt like I was moving fluid around in my body...so bizarre! And the pics of me right before I had him....SHEEEEEEESH! I think I gained 30 pounds in fluid alone! Can't wait for you to meet your sweet little man! He looks so loved and spoiled already - which is exactly how it's supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahah Katie Clause! You are toooo cute!!! Love all the pics..you look precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! those games sound hilarious!! I love those ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great!!!! That cake looks amazing and all of the other decorations look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like y'all had a great time!!! Cute "turkey outfit for Caleb"!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous10/18/2010

    It looks like a great party! :)

    Happy blogiversary BTW!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the "It was the Dog" onsie.

    AND those dolls look like chucky. Keep one eye open when you sleep..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a beautiful shower!! how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awe, the shower looks gorgeous. The games are to die for. How fun are those.?! I hope everything is okay, and you are feeling great.! Have a great week.!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are the cutest preggers person ever..I swear! I'm getting very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a perfect party...and I am keeping my fingers crossed for some good new for you at your dr appt. tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun shower... you look beautiful as ever and I am loving that name, my oldest is Kaleb with a "K"...Obviously..lol..take care of yourself, cant wait to see your beautiful baby boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a great shower! Looks like everyone had fun. Love all the photos especially your photos unwrapping baby gifts! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute. I love the "Dog Did It" onesie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. hahaha You are hilarious! Those pictures are cute though.

    Good luck at your apt, I hope you get off lockdown!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The shower looks like it was amazing!! And I love the "Dog Did It" onesie! I'll bet Caleb and Koda will be best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous10/23/2010

    What a fantastic shower! You guys got some great stuff, especially the "dog did it" onesie!

    ReplyDelete