Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Clothes-fused.

I'll be the first to tell you that I love me some fashion.  Clothes, accessories, shoes, purses.  All of it.  And don't even GET me started about baby clothes.  LOVE

However there is one time of year, in Texas that is, I get royally clothes-fused.  And it's also one of my favorite times of year.  That time is fall.  Right now.  First of all, Labor Day happens.  The day that, after it comes and goes, bans you from wearing white pants/shoes/etc.  Which is fine.  Whatevs.

Next, the stores start filling up with the cuteness that is fall fashion.  Boots, scarves, deep, rich colors, turtle necks, cowl necks, leggings.  Basically all of my favorite articles of clothing start showing up everywhere I look.  I am oh so tempted, not only to buy all of these lovely little pretties (and then I remind myself I'm a stay at home mom married to a budgeting accountant and snap out of it) but to drag all of the ones currently taking residence in my closet out as well. 

And then ...
I walk outside
And it's 95 degrees.  And it remains 95 degrees until mid to late October.  Enter Texas fall. 

Hence where the clothes-fused comes out.  Um.  It's October.  I don't want to can't wear strapless sundresses, shorts and white pants.  And aside from that, my tan faded a good month ago so I SHOULDN'T wear them for fear of burning people's retinas.  Aside from that the fact that everything, everywhere is screaming FALL

So until an ACTUAL cold front moves through (not one where it drops the temps to a mere 87 degrees) I will be sporting a tank top ... over leggings ...and flip flops ... with a scarf and gloves.  Feel free to make fun of me if you run into me in the metroplex.

Other Texans, anyone else have this problem?  How do you pull off fall fashion without turning into a sweaty mess?

7 comments:

  1. I have been wondering this myself! I see people in my office building and they are already rocking the boots/leggings trend and I'm like um, do you know its still in the 90's here!?!? I feel like I'm breaking some fashion rule by still wearing sleeveless tops and open toed shoes...but I would sweat to death if I started wearing my fall clothes right now! As mush as I would LOVE to throw on a pair of boots - I just can't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG girl u took the words right out of my mouth!
    Today I'm wearing a strapless dress, cardigan and heels. But I swear to everything holy I put on boots first.. and then thought "oh shit, it's supposed to be 97 today!" - change to heels.
    So stupid.
    I have my maternity pics this weekend and I was wanting them to be all "fally" looking... well let's hope that "cold front" that's supposed to be coming in allows me to do that and not look like I'm sweating all my makeup off!
    UGH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thought Alabama was bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should just copy and past your post to my blog...exactly how I feel. I'm married to a budgeting accountant too...funny!!!! I keep telliny my hubs that I'm ready to move far away from Tx, can't deal w the heat anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing no matter what momma! I agree though, even in KY it's hard to dress for fall. I go with dresses and boots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, lurker here, I don't think I've ever commented before. :) I just want to say I feel your pain, but in reverse. I live in Minnesota and they start putting all the cute summer stuff out in March when there is still snow on the ground and we're freezing our butts off. It's the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadly, I have no helpfulness in this category. I sweat like a man and anytime I go outside in the heat I'm an instant puddle!

    ReplyDelete